Glass is an object that we often contact and use in our daily life. From the daily necessities such as glass cups to building decoration materials such as glass curtain walls, glass has made great contribution to the development of world civilization. The types of glass bottles is rich, to meet the different needs of different occasions.
1、Classification of glass containers
1、 Classification by uses
- Bottles for wine. Wine production is very large, almost all of them are packed in glass bottles, mainly round bottles.
- Glass bottles for daily use. It is usually used to pack all kinds of small commodities for daily use, such as cosmetics, ink, glue, etc. because there are many kinds of commodities, the bottle shape and seal are also diverse.
- Cans. There are many kinds of canned food, and the output is large, so it is self-contained. Multi purpose wide mouth bottle with a capacity of 0.2-0.5l.
- Medicine bottle. This is a glass bottle used to pack medicine. There are 10-200ml Brown grommet vials, 100-1000ml infusion bottles, completely sealed ampoules, etc.
- Bottles for chemical reagents. It is used to pack all kinds of chemical reagents with a capacity of 250-1200ml, and the bottle mouth is mostly screwed or ground.
2、Classification by color
Transparent bottle, white bottle, brown bottle, green bottle and blue bottle, etc.
3、According to the shape of bottleneck
Neck bottle, neckless bottle, long neck bottle, short neck bottle, thick neck bottle and small neck bottle.
4、Classification according to the size of bottle mouth
- Small mouth bottle. It is a glass bottle with an inner diameter of less than 20 mm. It is mainly used for packing liquid materials, such as soda, beer, etc.
- Large mouth bottle. The glass bottle with an inner diameter of 20-30mm has a relatively thick and short shape, such as a milk bottle.
- Wide mouthed bottle. It is also called a can head bottle. The inner diameter of the bottle mouth is more than 30mm. Its neck and shoulder are relatively short, and the bottle shoulder is relatively flat, mostly in the shape of a can or a cup. Because the bottle mouth is large, it is easy to load and discharge. It is mostly used to pack canned food and viscous materials.
5、Classification by bottle geometry
- Round bottle. The cross section of the bottle body is round, which is a widely used bottle type with high strength.
- Square bottles. The cross section of the bottle body is square. The strength of this kind of bottle is lower than that of the round bottle, and it is difficult to manufacture, so it is seldom used.
- Curved bottle. Although the section is round, it is curved in the height direction. There are two kinds of concave and convex, such as flower bottle type and gourd type. The form is novel and popular with users.
- Oval bottle. The section is ellipse, although the capacity is small, but the shape is unique, the user also likes it very much.
2、What processes are needed to produce glass bottles?
Glass bottle manufacturers produce glass bottles. The production process of glass bottles mainly includes:
- Raw material pre-processing: crushing block raw materials (quartz sand, soda ash, limestone, feldspar, etc.), drying wet raw materials, removing iron from raw materials containing iron to ensure the quality of glass.
- Batch preparation.
- Melting. The glass mixture is heated at high temperature (1550 ~ 1600 ℃) in the tank or furnace to form a liquid glass which is uniform, bubble free and meets the forming requirements.
- Forming. Put the liquid glass into the mold to make the required shape of glass products, such as flat plates, various utensils, etc.
- Heat treatment. Through annealing, quenching and other processes, the stress, phase separation or crystallization inside the glass can be eliminated or produced, and the structural state of the glass can be changed.
3、What are the advantages of glass bottles?
- Glass material has good barrier performance, which can prevent the invasion of oxygen and other gases to the contents, and can prevent the volatile components of the contents from volatilizing to the atmosphere;
- The glass bottle can be used repeatedly, which can reduce the packaging cost;
- Glass can easily change color and transparency;
- The glass bottle is safe and sanitary, has good corrosion resistance and acid resistance, and is suitable for the packaging of acid substances (such as vegetable juice drinks,etc.)
- In addition, because the glass bottle is suitable for the production of automatic filling production line, the domestic glass bottle automatic filling technology and equipment development is also relatively mature, the use of glass bottle packaging fruit and vegetable juice beverage has certain production advantages in China.
4、Which kind of glass bottle is of good quality?
- Sound. When you hit the craft glass bottle by hand, you will hear different sounds. The tone of the wine bottle factory and the crystal material is high, and you will feel the lingering sound, while the tone of the glass products is low and there is no echo.
- The weight of the vessel. For utensils of the same volume, those made of crystal are heavier than those made of glass, and those made of glass are lighter.
- Refraction. Under the same light, the refractivity of crystal products is higher than that of glass products. It can transmit seven rainbow light, and the glass products do not show colorful light. The quality standard of glass bottles can be analyzed and judged from the product quality standard of the manufacturer.
- Specific hardness. The hardness of crystal is greater than that of glass, so when you use crystal to scratch the surface of glass, there will be a trace, but when you use glass to scratch crystal, there will be no such trace.